Recap from the time we were off
Thanks for the supporters who hung in there with us!
Thanks to people visiting the site!
Thanks for all the email and questions received
- Becoming a Cop with a past Drug History
- I live in California and i understand that most agencies require a polygraph test pre-hire. My question is i am 22 and have used marijuana a few months at a time for the past 2 yrs, my estimate is maybe a total of 6 months altogether in 2 years, am i automatically disqualified. Because i wanted to start the academy which doesnâ€™t begin for 8 months and the course is 10 months long so i will of be cleaned for 18 months is there any way i can get hired or am i wasting my time. any information will be appreciated. Thank you for your time. Asked by Mike
- Metering Lights and Cameras
- Are you aware whether the freeway on-ramp metering lights in California have cameras to flash your carâ€™s picture if you accidentally run the light? I donâ€™t believe Iâ€™ve ever seen this information posted, but I know I saw a flash happenâ€¦
Thanks for any info you can provide – Asked by Debra
- I am turning 21 this year. I have attended University for 2 years but have decided that I want to stop with my associates degree for the time being and join the Local Police Dept. My question to you is: Do you get respect as a young police officer? From fellow cops? From the civilians? I personally could not care less about whether or not some gang banger likes getting a ticket from a guy his age, but I am however concerned with the people I work with. And if you have any tipsâ€¦they would be much appreciated. Thank you for all you do and keep it up. Asked byÂ Hunter
- Drinking Age
- Do you think the drinking age should be lowered? Why or why not? – Asked by Dakota
Story of the Week:
Please send in your questions: https://www.coptalk.info/ask-a-cop-ask-us-a-question/